Portage M&A Advisory consists of an adventurous group of professionals who are passionate about getting people to where they want to go. Our specialty is guiding business owners through the divestiture process, particularly private companies with an enterprise value of $2M to $30M. We work with owners throughout Ontario and focus on multiple industries including manufacturing, construction, and professional services. Our goal is to achieve a win-win outcome with every transaction.
M&A Manager (CBV Required)
Overview of the opportunity:
Our Mergers & Acquisitions firm is going through an exciting time of growth. As a result, we are looking for an M&A Manager with a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation who thrives in a fast-paced and professional environment. The successful candidate will be a specialist in valuing businesses, have experience managing deals from inception to completion, be an excellent communicator, and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing M&A engagements in a professional services environment.
- Developing and reviewing documents such as Confidential Information Memorandums (CIMs), valuations, and teasers.
- Providing a full range of valuation and advisory services to our partners and clients on matters such as transaction advisory services, mergers and acquisitions, and mandates regarding the purchase and sale of businesses.
- Contributing to the implementation, administration and ongoing evaluation and completion of various valuation client engagements.
- Actively monitor and implement best practices specific to M&A standards and processes.
- Proficient at researching, gathering and synthesizing large amounts of data, analyzing, and reporting information in an easily understood manner.
- Desire and dedication to ongoing training, developing junior staff, and taking on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
- University degree and CBV required with preference given to those who also have completed one or more of the following designations: CPA, CFA, MBA or equivalent.
- Valuation and advisory experience, strong technical, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience cultivating and managing effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Comfortable and capable working as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with commitment to excellence and accuracy.
- Strong computer and financial modelling skills, with expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe.